Document what is being taught and raise concerns with the school system by:
Acquiring copies of classroom materials and documenting details of the problem;
2. Assessing the materials for factual accuracy and bias. CAMERA can assist in identifying bias and provide factual material;
3. Approaching teachers, department heads, and other officials courteously;
4. Raising your concerns with school officials and school committee/board members;
5. Publicizing the issue in a letter to the editor and on social media;
6. Filing a FOIA if you encounter a lack of cooperation or a refusal to address concerns and access of classroom materials.