1. Acquire copies of classroom materials and document details of the problem.
3. Approach teachers, department heads, and other officials courteously.
5. Publicize the issue in a letter to the editor and on social media.
2. Assess the materials for factual accuracy and bias. CAMERA can assist in identifying bias and provide factual material.
4. Raise your concerns with school officials and school committee/board members.
6. File a FOIA if you encounter a lack of cooperation or a refusal to address concerns and access of classroom materials.